Thursday, August 14, 2008

At last... I know for what i shoulld do photo editing!!

I kept wondering, for what purpose should I learn photo editing? If I were to take a photo and edit everything on it, then it is not the original and natural me. I prefer to have photos of myself that looks like me rather than having my photos edited and end up nobody recognizing that it is me.

But now, my views on photo editing had changed. Me and my dear Connie went to meet up with our seniors on their convocation day to see them for the last time before they are posted to places far away from KL. Knowing that we might not meet for sometime, we took a lot of photos.

For my height, I did not have much problem taking photos with Joey and Ming Kiat, they turn out to be nice but when it comes to Jarrod…. He is way too tall. All the photos turn out to be horrible. So I decided that I might as well stand on the stairs as the platform so that there wont be such a drastic difference in our height.

Unfortunately, my camera man Eliana did not take the photos properly and it can be clearly seen that I was standing on the stairs to look taller. Thanks to Photoshop I am able to crop the lower part of our legs so that people wont see that I am standing on a platform. Now the photo is perfect and I love the photo very much!!!

Besides cropping out part of the photo, I can also get rid of unwanted people in the photos. As we all know, right after the convo where everybody are busy taking photos with families and friends, and the place was sooooooo crowded!!! I do not need to worry that I have someone ‘extra’ in my photo.

Photo editing, a very useful skill that everyone should learn. We as teachers should master the skill so that we can use real life photos which are properly edited in classrooms.

No comments: